Sunday, April 10, 2016

Picture

A picture is taken out from the attic box
A dust filled frame covering the identities of six people

They seem like children
Sitting uncomfortably but still smiling
Trying to fit into the picture frame

I tried to remember as I brush off the dirt

A familiar face is revealed
An oval shaped face,
A small triangular nose,
A pair of crescent shaped eyes,
And a pair of C-shaped ears

From my wallet
I pulled out a picture
It draws such a resemblance
It could be me
That girl was me

I began to clear out the remaining faces
I saw my brothers, their friends, and my friend
We were all crouching down in rows of two
Careful not to cover each others faces'
But also cracking jokes here and there

The photo of us pictured the most happiest moment
Everyone was smiling with their teeth wide open showing the spaces between the their baby teeth
and their eyes crushing the crescent outline of the eye

I remember those days
And I miss those days

I turn to place it back on the shelf
But it doesn't belong in the attic
nor my house
It belongs somewhere else

I held it between my chest
Treasuring one last time as I run out returning to the living room
The room where five people were waiting
They waved at me to come

I showed them the picture
we looked at each other
and a familiar crescent smile flashed our faces
And we talked about our childhood days
as we walked out the door

No comments:

Post a Comment