Tuesday, February 11, 2014

History's revenge




You forgot me,
so easily,
so fast.

You told me you would be there,
you told me I didn't have to worry.
Was that all a lie?

You told me I meant so much,
you told me nothing in the world could take you away from me.
Was that nothing but empty comfort?

You told me once
on the building top,
to never,
never cry because of someone.
Never cry because of someone who misused you.
To not give anymore time and effort to the one
who meant so much to you
but meant so little to him.

Im not crying, just a shattered glass poking my eyes.
You expect me to crumple so that you and your friends can laugh
but just to let you know:
I'm over you,
and this time its my turn to tell you
never cry because of your own silly mistakes,
never cry because of something you took away in your own will,
as history twists itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment